Prix CIRCOM 2017: New Categories, Extra Prize Money
Applications are now closed for CIRCOM's 2017 content and skills awards which show-case the production talent and skills in the television regions of Europe.
The total value of the awards is 55,000 euros spread across 10 categories plus a Grand Prix for “best of the best.” There is also a Special Award as part of the Citizenship co-production.
Winners receive cash, trophy and an invitation to the gala awards show at the CIRCOM Conference in The Azores. Commended entrants are also invited to attend the conference and gala awards show.
14 judges, TV professionals from 14 European countries, have been named for the Prix 2017 judging, which will take place in Odense, Denmark, hosted by TV2Fyn, from 3rd till 7th April 2017. The winners will be announced in the week after the judging. The gala awards show is on Thursday 25 May 2017, at Ponta Delgada, The Azores, hosted by RTP Portugal.
New in 2017:
- Entertainment category, sponsored by two regional stations in Spain, TPA Asturias- TVG Galicia ~ more info >>
- News Report on a European Issue, sponsored by the European Committee of the Regions, replaces Best News report ~ more info >>
- Promise of Europe-wide circulation of news reports entered in the above category on web and social media platforms of European Committee of the Regions ~ more info >>
- Most Original and Innovative category, sponsored by TVP Poland, to encourage creative use of techniques behind the camera as well as originality on-screen ~ more info >>
- News Programme and Viewer Involvement, sponsored by SVT Sweden, replaces Magazine and New Magazine category, focussing on news and also on the origins of the news agenda ~ more info >>
- Request to all entrants to voluntarily permit wider broadcast of their entries where rights permit – not just winning and commended entries – in the interests of making more view-ers and users around Europe aware of high quality programming in the regions ~ more info >>
- The definition of what constitutes a “minority” in Minorities in Society has been clarified ~ more info >>
- The responsibilities of Winners and Commended have been clarified to make sure both know their commitments at the award ceremony and conference ~ more info >>
- Further advice has been added on the quality levels of subtitling required and how this can be achieved at low cost ~ more info >>
- Responses in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section have been updated to reflect these changes ~ go to FAQ >>
The sponsors and categories in 2017 are:
ORF Austria, sponsor of Grand Prix
RTÉ Ireland, sponsor of Documentary
France Télévisions, sponsor of Minorities in Society
SVT Sweden, sponsor of News Programme and Viewer Involvement
TG4 Ireland, sponsor of Music
TVP Poland, sponsor of Most Original and Innovative
TVR Romania, sponsor of Rising Star
Council of Europe, sponsor of Investigative Journalism
BBC UK, sponsor of Video Journalism
European Committee of the Regions, sponsor of News Report on a European Issue
In addition, participating stations in the CIRCOM co-production and co-operation project Citizenship, supported by the European Parliament, will have a Special Award for the best features which attracts a further trophy, award and visit to the conference and awards.